I enjoy speaking at UX, front-end and web performance conferences. Get in touch if you think I’d be a good fit for your event! I’m currently presenting the following talks (a 🔗 icon will take you to an interactive presentation):
- Web Performance Workshop 🔗 A half- or full-day web performance workshop, covering everything from HTTP/3 to image optimisation.
- Third-party content, the weak link in your chain? 🔗 Third-party tags are critical to most businesses, but what risk do they pose to availability and user experience? A study into determining and mitigating third-party risk as well as calculating third-party return on investment.
- A deep dive into third-party content
Let’s get deep into HTTP Archive & Akamai mPulse resource timing data to uncover interesting phenomena with third-party providers, determine the impact of third-party providers on user experience then investigate methods to protect the user experience and report on third-party issues.
- The Psychology of Speed 🔗 What makes a fast experience a good one? Studying billions of data points to determine the key performance measures which correlate with positive user behavior.
- The Importance of Speed - Five Surprising Techniques To Improve Online Engagement 🔗 Speed is a critical factor in user engagement. In this talk Simon defines site speed, how to measure it and explores its impact on user engagement. Insight taken across hundreds of sites leads to five key techniques to maximize user engagement.
- Building the Business Case for Performance
We know that making user experiences faster is good for business, but it’s a tough change to quantify. An analysis of sales techniques, case studies and quick wins to make performance a business priority.
- What the browser tells us, and what it doesn’t
A deep-dive into the browser APIs which give us feedback on user experience, what is missing (and why) and how to determine the key data to collect and analyse.
View The Psychology of Speed on Notist.
View Third-party content: the weak link in the chain on Notist.
View Too hot to handle: Optimizing for low-powered devices on Notist.
View We're Breaking the Mobile Web on Notist.
View Beyond the Waterfall - meaningful web performance visualisations on Notist.